SMILE MAKEOVER IN TURKEY
Smile design has a very broad meaning while creating your perfect smile we can also alleviate any structural jaw disorders that you may have, and also improve the shape of your lips, giving you a more youthful look.
To have perfect teeth is the dream for many today. The effects of having beautiful teeth will change a person’s psychology, in turn, changing their quality of life, giving them a more positive feeling about themselves in both business and social environments. Some will imagine having the stunning smile and dazzling teeth of their favourite movie stars!
Smile Makeover in Turkey will not only give you perfect teeth but will correct any other dental problems, and the treatment involved will also reverse the wrinkling of the facial skin and the collapse of the face muscles. While creating your perfect smile we can also alleviate any structural jaw disorders that you may have, and also improve the shape of your lips, giving you a more youthful look.
Our experienced dental physicians and technicians have been using the CEREC® machine manufacturing technology for the past eighteen years. During that time many of our patients from abroad have had their lives changed dramatically by our staff using this technology, and are so happy with their new smile! Consequently, our ‘Smile Design’ treatment is now a very popular form of treatment amongst our abroad patients.
We can offer a superb “Smile in Turkey” to our patients simply by offering the best materials available; by offering the most dedicated; experienced dental physicians and technical staff; by offering a special VIP service; and, of course, by offering the best Turkish hospitality. In most cases, your treatment can be achieved in only one visit to produce a healthy and flawless smile, and by saving 70% off the price offered in, for instance, the UK, you can go on to enjoy a wonderful holiday with peace of mind a great smile, and a great smile.
Aesthetic Dentistry / Smile Makeover or Smile Design
Aesthetic, or cosmetic dentistry is often necessary for patients with dental deformities; missing, damaged or broken teeth; teeth with cavities; abnormal colouring or staining of the teeth; and for gum disorders. These dental problems can greatly interfere with a person’s social and business life, developing reflexes such as a lack of confidence or an awkward smile response in the person concerned.
Creating a ‘Smile Design’ in our clinic
Before proceeding with our ‘Smile Design’ treatment, photographs are taken of your original teeth, with more photographs will also be taken when treatment has been completed, allowing you to compare the results.
Our specialist dentist will then take accurate measurements from within the patient’s mouth. A dental model is then prepared in our in-house laboratory. This is transferred to the computer environment, where, using ‘Mocap’ 3/D design software, we are able to create a custom ‘Digital Smile Design’ on the computer for you, before actually beginning any dental procedures. The patient’s dental problems and tooth colour are considered at this stage. The final design is then transferred to our computer linked CEREC® machine, and the patient’s new ‘Smile Design’ is prepared. This will then be tested for fitting in the patient’s mouth, and according to this fitting, adjustments will probably be made before the result is cemented into place.
Final photographs are taken of the patient’s new ‘Smile Design’, and when comparing these with the photographs taken before the procedure has taken place, the patient can see the dramatic changes that have occurred in their mouth. With their amazing new Dental Smile, our happy patients can then continue their beautiful holiday in and around Antalya!
This procedure usually takes between 2 to 6 days in our clinic, this depending on the patient’s tooth structure and the materials used.
Why is a ‘Smile Design’ / ‘Smile Makeover’ necessary?
When designing a new ‘Smile Design’ for our patients, there are certain factors that need to be considered to achieve the best result. This smile aesthetic is determined specifically for each person, and the person’s age, face shape, needs and desires are always taken into account.
For a ‘Smile Makeover’ to be perfect, our specialist dentists will need to also need to consider:
- ‘Pink Aesthetics’ or Gingival/ gum aesthetics (gingivectomy)
- Treatment of infected gums where necessary
- Gum Contouring
- What dental coating to apply according to the shape of the teeth (E-max, Zirconium or Porcelain crowns or veneers)
- Adjustment of the tooth size according to jaw structure
- Adjustment of chin and lip level by dental design
- Selecting and matching tooth colour
- Final attachment into the patient’s mouth
Taking all of the above into consideration, a perfect custom treatment plan is prepared for the patient.
Who will benefit from a Smile Makeover or Smile Design?
- Those with gaps between their teeth.
- Those with abnormal tooth colour or staining.
- Those who are generally not satisfied with the colour of their teeth.
- Those who have excessive withdrawal from the gums.
- Those with deformation to the mouth and/or jaw.
- Those with tooth deficiencies,
- Those with teeth of different length.
- Those with broken, cracked or damaged teeth.
What is a Hollywood Smile?
The Hollywood Smile is usually the stuff of dreams. However, we are able to create for our patients the lovely, white and perfect teeth so often seen in Hollywood actors and actresses. This can be achieved by our experienced dental physicians by adjusting the harmony in the order of the teeth, creating healthy and even gum structure, and, of course, paying special attention to the shining white finish of the teeth.
Criteria to be considered when creating a ‘Smile Design’
Age: With age, looseness and sagging occur in the lip muscles, and exacerbations occur in the teeth, resulting in the teeth in the upper jaw receding, and those in the lower jaw becoming more prominent. With our custom ‘Smile Design’, these problems can be reversed, and the patient can feel youthful and attractive again.
Gender: Gender is a very important consideration when creating a ‘Smile Design.’ We consider that the male smile has a square form, while the female smile is more round.
Face Line: When creating a ‘Smile Design’, each person’s individual face line must be considered. For example, large, round teeth in a long face may create an artificial appearance, and overly large teeth in a small and petite face might also look strange and incongruous.
Gum Physiology: If there appears to be too much gum in a relationship with the teeth, this will upset the aesthetic appeal. Likewise, if there is too little gum showing this will also look incongruous. It is therefore very important for our physicians to find the correct ratio between the gums and teeth when designing a ‘Smile Design’.
Lips: The lips seen in relation to the teeth in a ‘Smile Design’ are a very important consideration. For example, the curvature of the lower lip should follow the lines created by the upper set of teeth. In a successful ‘Smile Design’, the lips, teeth and gums should all act in harmony.
Dental positioning and features
- Vertical Symmetry: There is a symmetry extending from the middle of the forehead to the tip of the nose and then to the bottom of the chin. This line of symmetry should pass between where the lower and upper centre teeth meet. This line of symmetry is very important aspect when considering a ’Smile Design’.
- Horizontal Parallelism: The lines drawn horizontally for the upper and lower teeth should be parallel. If this does not occur, the appearance of a patient’s mouth will appear crooked.
- Smile: The line of the lower lip should meet the upper front teeth during a perfect smile.
- The Visibility of Teeth: When looking at the face, the visibility of the teeth from front to back should be reduced.
- Embrasures: Poor health of the teeth and gums is displayed when triangular gaps appear where two teeth meet with the gum.
- Colour: A single tooth will display a graduated effect in its colour density as light passes through, the tooth should display a density where it leaves the gum, becoming more transparent as it reaches the tip.
What are ‘Pink Aesthetics’?
When our dental physicians plan a ‘Smile Makeover’, it is not only the patient’s teeth that will be of concern to them, they will also consider the shape and health of the patient’s gums.
The appearance of aesthetically beautiful teeth can be marred by diseased or irregular gum formation, such as a ‘Gummy Smile’, where there is too much gum to be seen in relation to the teeth. The alternate problem can be receding gums. Where the gum has shrunken back to reveal the root surfaces of the teeth.
How are ‘Pink Aesthetics’ achieved in a ‘Smile Design’ or ‘Smile Makeover’?
- Regenerative: The reversal of degenerative periodontal disease in the gums is implemented by stimulating the body’s ability to renew missing tissue.
- Gingivectomy: In the case of too much gum tissue, the surplus is removed to create a more aesthetically acceptable appearance.
- Gingivoplasty: The surgical readjustment of the gums to make them more symmetrical in a “Smile Design’.
- Crown Extension: During the dental crown lengthening procedure, excess gum and bone tissue are reshaped to expose more of the natural tooth. This can be done to one tooth to even your gum line, or to several teeth to expose a natural, broad smile.